There are many of coaches, players, and athletes who can give some words of wisdom from their experience and struggle that they went through to get to their position. Their words can inspire those who have the drive to better not only themselves as a person but also in their craft. Here are few inspiring words from sports legends that will give you the motivation you need to reach your goals.
5. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”– Michael Jordan
Michael Jordan gives some inspiration about failure and why it should never hold you back from attempting to win. This American basketball superstar gives his advice on why missing a shot should not define your quality as an athlete. Even the greatest basketball player of all time has failed and will continue to fail.
4. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”– Wayne Gretzky
Wayne Gretzky is a famous Canadian ice hockey player and former head coach. He is considered one of the greatest hockey players of all time with his explosive career during the 1990s. This quote is a direct reminder that you have to try. If you do not even try you do not even have a chance.
3. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter, longtime Yankees shortstop
Derek Jeter is a revered baseball player who is still relevant today. His five time World Series wins are proof of his work ethic.
2. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali, World Heavyweight Champion boxer
Everyone know the icon that is Ali but this metaphor is great to stop and analyze your goals and work ethic as an athlete. His work as a boxer exemplified him beyond the ring and into one of the best athletes in the world.
1. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps, Olympic-medal winning swimmer
Michael Phelps is an Olympian who really resonates with young and even more the people of today. His quote boils down to never hold yourself back from achieving what you want to achieve.